University of Ibadan
University of Ibadan Home
Established in 1948, the University of Ibadan, UI as it is fondly referred to, is the first University in Nigeria. Until 1962 when it became a full-fledged independent University, it was a College of the University of London in a special relationship scheme. The University, which took off with academic programmes in Arts, Science and Medicine, is now a comprehensive citadel of learning with academic programmes in sixteen Faculties namely, Arts, Science, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Agriculture, the Social Sciences, Education, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Technology, Law, Public Health, Dentistry, Economics, Renewable Natural Resources and Environmental Design and Management.
To be a world-class institution for academic excellence geared towards meeting societal needs.
- To expand the frontiers of knowledge through the provision of excellent conditions for learning and research.
- To produce graduates who are worthy in character and sound judgement.
- To contribute to the transformation of society through creativity and innovation.
- To serve as a dynamic custodian of society's salutary values and thus sustain its integrity.
Sign in to add your comment.
- 1168 of 14.160 in the World
- 16 of 1,103 in Africa