Fisheries, Aquaculture and Blue Economy
Research and Data
Fisheries, Aquaculture and Blue Economy Home
The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture
- To ensure a food secure future for all, the fisheries and aquaculture sector is key.
- Global fish production is estimated to have reached about 179 million tonnes in 2018. 156 million tonnes ended up on our plates.
- All of us must work together to protect the oceans, seas, inland waters and marine resources and ensure sustainable livelihoods diets, and development for the future.
- The 2020 SAFIA statistics reveal encouraging progress towards that goal.
- But are we working hard enough? Can we do more, and in what area?
Sign in to add your comment.